We bridge the gap between plans and their practical implementation, working with transit operations staff on the details of scheduling service, managing and procuring transit fleets, and optimizing operational systems and controls. Our data-driven and context-sensitive solutions for planning and conceptual design for transit stations and stops helps improve access to transit.
At Foursquare ITP, we apply our extensive experience in transit service planning and organizational strategic planning to the everyday challenges of providing effective transit operations and personnel management. Our direct work with transit operators, trainers, supervisors, schedulers, IT, capital planning, and maintenance staff allows us to translate ideas and plan into actions that are implementable and supported by those who will need to execute the plan.
Our deep understanding of transit service planning and our station capacity analysis capabilities allow us to accurately inform station and transfer center designs and ensure that the passenger experience is of the highest quality both inside and outside stations. We leverage our experience and utilize custom-developed tools to improve access to bus stops and transit centers, increase passenger amenities, and improve pedestrian safety.
- Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA)
- Procurement support for purchased transportation
- Technical support for contract development
- Fleet planning
- Electric bus cost-benefit analysis and life-cycle support
- Scheduling, blocking, and runcutting assistance
- General transit feed specification (GTFS) creation
- Bus operator engagement
- Bus stop sign and spacing optimization
- Operations oversight and assistance
- Bus transfer center capacity analysis
- Bus circulation plans
- Internal station capacity analysis
- NFPA 130 station evaluation analysis
- O&M facility planning