Join a leading transportation and transit planning company and advance your career with Foursquare ITP. Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is seeking an experienced transportation and transit professional to play a senior role at our growing company. This position is a unique opportunity to join the senior management team at Foursquare ITP. In our fast-growing firm you will help lead an extremely talented and innovative staff, strategically grow the business, and work closely with the CEO, COO, and other Vice Presidents. As part of this position you will also have the opportunity to manage complex, high-profile projects in transit planning and regional transportation planning.
Foursquare ITP’s work is centered on our four core values, and we are looking for someone who lives these every day:
Passion for the Profession
Our success is rooted in our belief in and passion for our work, meeting all challenges with the appropriate set of skills, knowledge, and the desire to do our best.
Dedication to Our Clients
We approach our clients with integrity, open communication, and collaboration to ensure that their needs are being met. Each client receives the personal attention, respect, and high-quality work for which we are known.
Investment in Each Other
We respect all team members professionally and personally. We focus on continuous professional growth and improvement and promote a healthy balance between work and outside endeavors.
Our team is driven by a can-do spirit and a strong work ethic, applying our adaptability and resourcefulness to every task. We truly enjoy our work and bring a positive attitude that is evident in everything we do.
In the VP Operations Role, you will serve in a leadership position in the company on the Senior Management Team and participate in key company strategic decisions. You will represent the company in internal and external meetings and interactions and will have the responsibility of leading programs for company operations, including ongoing client engagement and company promotion. These responsibilities will include:
- Leading complex, high profile planning projects.
- Developing and updating internal business operations procedures, processes, and workflows – and ongoing business process review.
- Supporting financial analysis and reporting processes.
- Playing a key role in the company’s annual strategic planning process.
- Developing client reporting and feedback systems.
- Developing a strong customer relationship management process.
- Overseeing and directing the marketing and proposal team.
- Leading and monitoring business development strategy, proposal decisions, and working with service area leads and satellite office leads in their areas of focus.
- Supporting the People and Culture (HR) team.
- Overseeing conference attendance and proposals.
- Helping to ensure inclusion of non-HQ offices in company programs.
Required Skills and Experience
The selected candidate must have:
- A depth and breadth of knowledge in the transportation and transit planning field with experience managing large, complex, and high-profile projects.
- At least 20 years of industry experience.
- Extensive experience in business development and private company operations.
- Strong connections and professional network in the field.
As a result of our hard work, innovation, and straightforward manner, Foursquare ITP enjoys a strong reputation and has the opportunity to work on a wide variety of high-visibility, high-impact projects. Our company conducts a broad range of transportation planning studies, with specific expertise in transit service and operations planning, corridor studies, multimodal access planning, transportation demand management, strategic planning and performance measurement, and bike share planning. The Foursquare ITP headquarters is adjacent to a Metrorail station in a walkable community in Rockville, Maryland (Washington, DC area). We have grown quickly over the past several years to 45 employees and have two satellite offices in Boston, MA and Philadelphia, PA. This position will be in Rockville, MD.
We offer competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Generous vacation and personal leave
- Flexible holiday leave and sick leave programs
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account option
- Company-funded long- and short-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Subsidized transit benefit
- Complimentary personal financial planning through our benefits administrator
- Regular internal trainings through Lunch and Learns and other opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and conference attendance
- Paid membership to an industry organization
- Companywide telework policy
- Paid cell phone plan
- Semi-annual retreats with fun, team building activities
- Holiday/New Year party for all employees and their significant others
- Summer picnic for all employees and their families
Résumés and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled and should be sent to email@example.com.
Foursquare ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.