Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is a premier transportation planning firm that offers the opportunity to work with skilled and passionate transportation professionals. We offer a wonderful benefits package and competitive salaries. Come join our Team!
We are looking for a qualified, motivated, self-starter for a Transportation Planner/Engineer position with experience in public and multimodal transportation planning. This position is a great opportunity to serve on a team of planners supporting transit planning, regional transportation planning, parking, fleet management, and transportation demand management for the Pentagon and nearby Department of Defense (DoD) facility, Mark Center.
You will work as part of a team located at the Pentagon and will be responsible for conducting transportation and transit planning work such as data analysis and reporting, operations planning, use and development of technical tools, innovative research, and meeting participation on a wide variety of transportation projects. The team that supports WHS, led by Foursquare ITP, is responsible for a variety of aspects of transportation planning and operations, including:
- Managing planning for private shuttle system and two transit centers – one the largest in the region – served by several regional transit agencies.
- Assisting with implementation of transportation demand management strategies (TDM) for two locations with 30,000 employees
- Working directly with State, local, and transit agencies to improve multimodal transportation to Pentagon and Mark center including new commuter service, HOT lanes, future BRT, and improved bike/ped access.
- Conducting short and long range strategic transit planning through route evaluation, modification, and planning for future services.
- Overseeing data collection and analysis to support planning, including annual transportation surveys.
Required Skills and Experience
For this position, transportation planning experience and an appropriate degree in the types of work noted above is necessary. The work will involve complex data analysis as well as writing and oral communication skills. A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning or similar is preferred, though can be substituted with sufficient experience.
In addition to having the appropriate technical skills, you must be a smart, motivated, self-starter who is passionate about transit and transportation planning and has excellent written and oral communication skills. You must also be flexible in meeting client demands and operating within a dynamic workflow.
Applicants must have the ability to pass a background check for building access at the Pentagon but do not need security clearance.
Résumés and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision plans are offered
- Paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- 401K and company match
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance
- Salary is commensurate with experience and will be negotiated following a successful interview process
Foursquare ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.