Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is looking for qualified, motivated, and passionate candidates for Senior Transportation Planner positions. This position requires a combination of solid technical skills as well as task and project management. Foursquare ITP is a transportation planning firm headquartered in Rockville, Maryland (Washington, DC region) with two satellite offices in Boston, MA and Philadelphia, PA. This position is for either our headquarters location in Rockville, Maryland, right at a Metrorail station in a walkable community, or our satellite office in Philadelphia.
As a smaller firm we are able to give our clients the personalized focus that they seek and deserve. We provide our clients expertise in transit service planning and operations, transit facilities and multimodal access, regional and statewide planning, corridor planning, transportation demand management (TDM), multimodal and shared mobility planning, and bike share and bike/ped planning, among others. For an overview of the types of projects that Foursquare ITP works on, please visit www.foursquareitp.com.
We are proud of our collaborative, innovative culture where employees have opportunities to lead and grow. As a company we focus on solutions, not problems, and are always willing to support each other and our clients. Employees at Foursquare ITP love learning new planning approaches and technical skills and applying them on new problems in new contexts. We are a woman-owned, inclusive business.
We’re excited about you because:
- You’re passionate about transit, multimodal transportation, transportation demand management, or public engagement.
- You have extensive experience working on and leading projects similar to the type that Foursquare ITP specializes in.
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring more junior staff but are excited to listen to and incorporate their ideas.
- You are able to rely on your past experience while being open to new ideas and ways of working.
- You can work with many people with different work management styles or who are in other offices.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of your work.
- You can explain complicated ideas in easy-to-understand ways.
Foursquare ITP offers:
- Competitive salaries.
- A complete benefits package including free or heavily subsidized healthcare and 401k match.
- Generous leave policies.
- Monthly transit benefit for commuting.
- Bi-weekly telework.
- Meaningful work that directly contributes to the communities of our clients.
- A collaborative environment working with remarkable employees at all levels.
- Mentorship, both formal and informal, training, and professional development opportunities.
You will work as part of a team and will be responsible for leading teams in working with clients to deliver quality work through a collaborative process. You will also be conducting transportation and transit planning work including data analysis and reporting, strategic planning and performance measurement, use and development of technical tools, innovative research, and stakeholder and public engagement on a wide variety of transportation projects.
In this position you will lead tasks within larger projects and serve as a project manager on smaller projects. You will have the opportunity to develop new specialized skills and mentor more junior transportation planners.
Education and experience requirements:
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning, GIS, civil engineering, or similar is preferred. Relevant degree can be substituted with sufficient experience.
- At least eight years of relevant experience in a progressively responsible role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Facility with Microsoft Excel.
- While not required to apply, some experience in one or more of the following skillsets will be beneficial to your candidature:
- Spatial analysis (e.g., ArcGIS or other GIS software).
- Data analysis (e.g., Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, R, or Python).
- Data visualization (e.g., Tableau, R Shiny, or PowerBI).
- Public outreach (creating event plans, writing surveys, communicating with the public).
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.