Join a leading transportation and transit planning company and advance your career with Foursquare ITP. Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is seeking an experienced transportation and transit professional to serve as a Senior Transportation Planner and Project Manager. This position provides the opportunity to work on a wide variety of transportation planning projects: managing the projects, providing technical leadership and coaching, managing the work of our staff and work of subcontractors, and playing a key role in business development.
Foursquare ITP’s work is centered on our four core values, and we are looking for someone who lives these every day:
Passion for the Profession
Our success is rooted in our belief in and passion for our work, meeting all challenges with the appropriate set of skills, knowledge, and the desire to do our best.
Dedication to Our Clients
We approach our clients with integrity, open communication, and collaboration to ensure that their needs are being met. Each client receives the personal attention, respect, and high-quality work for which we are known.
Investment in Each Other
We respect all team members professionally and personally. We focus on continuous professional growth and improvement and promote a healthy balance between work and outside endeavors.
Our team is driven by a can-do spirit and a strong work ethic, applying our adaptability and resourcefulness to every task. We truly enjoy our work and bring a positive attitude that is evident in everything we do.
You will work as part of a team and will be responsible for leading teams and working with clients to deliver quality work in a collaborative process. You will also be leading and conducting transportation and transit planning work such as data analysis and reporting, strategic planning and performance measurement, use and development of technical tools, innovative research, and meeting participation on a wide variety of transportation projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Working with clients to understand their needs and deliver high-quality work that meets and exceeds their expectations.
- Developing, managing, and conducting technical processes and applying broad transportation knowledge and specialty knowledge to projects.
- Writing reports, technical memos, and presentations.
- Providing mentoring, training, technical direction and expertise to less experienced staff.
- Reviewing and editing work of others and providing constructive feedback.
- Actively conducting business development activities and leading and assisting on proposals.
- Participating in project management meetings and supporting other project managers.
Required Skills and Experience
The selected candidate must have:
- A depth and breadth of knowledge in the transportation and transit planning field with experience managing medium to large projects and large tasks on larger projects.
- Depth of experience conducting transportation and transit planning analysis prior to management role.
- At least 8 years – preferably more – of directly relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, transportation or related field, with a related Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- AICP or PTP is preferred.
As a result of our hard work, innovation, and straightforward manner, Foursquare ITP enjoys a strong reputation and has the opportunity to work on a wide variety of high-visibility, high-impact projects. Our company conducts a broad range of transportation planning studies, with specific expertise in transit service and operations planning, corridor studies, multimodal access planning, transportation demand management, strategic planning and performance measurement, and bike share planning. The Foursquare ITP headquarters is adjacent to a Metrorail station in a walkable community in Rockville, Maryland (Washington, DC area). We have grown quickly over the past several years to 45 employees and have two satellite offices in Boston, MA and Philadelphia, PA. This position will be in Rockville, MD.
We offer competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Generous vacation and personal leave
- Flexible holiday leave and sick leave programs
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account option
- Company-funded long- and short-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Subsidized transit benefit
- Complimentary personal financial planning through our benefits administrator
- Regular internal trainings through Lunch and Learns and other opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and conference attendance
- Paid membership to an industry organization
- Companywide telework policy
- Paid cell phone plan
- Semi-annual retreats with fun, team building activities
- Holiday/New Year party for all employees and their significant others
- Summer picnic for all employees and their families
Résumés and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foursquare ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.