If you are you are a Marketing and Communications professional who is passionate about public transportation, biking, walking and helping others make sustainable travel choices; are creative; driven to excel in all that you do; interested in growing professionally; and enjoys working with teams, then this is the position for you. The selected candidate will serve as Marketing Manager for the District of Columbia’s goDCgo program.
Foursquare ITP, DDOT’s vendor, is a transportation planning firm based in Rockville, Maryland that offers our clients expertise in many aspects of transportation demand management, transit planning, regional and corridor transportation planning, multimodal planning, and public outreach. The selected candidate will split their time between our Rockville office and the District DOT office.
The Marketing Manager will be a member of a larger TDM team that works collaboratively to promote sustainable transportation choices to a wide variety of audiences throughout the District of Columbia. You will support the goDCgo program overall through the following activities:
- Marketing Plan: Lead the development and execution of an overarching marketing plan for goDCgo.
- Content Management Support: Make updates to the website’s Content Management System in HubSpot and build campaign landing pages. Make updates to goDCgo.com’s pages using WordPress.
- Client Development: Utilize HubSpot to generate and manage leads for new clients and segment marketing and communications efforts by audience.
- Press Releases and Earned Media: Connect with local influencers and write occasional press releases about programs.
- Relationship Development: Support the maintenance of relationships with key partners including the Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), industry partners, service providers, and third-party commuter benefits administrators.
- Collateral Development: Support the development of marketing and collateral pieces to educate the public about sustainable travel choices, including writing content and providing guidance to graphic design.
In this role you will also be the go-to marketing and communications support for goDCgo’s Employer Services program, Schools program, and Capital Bikeshare Community Partners Program. For each of these programs your role will entail the following:
- Support the design and production of customized marketing materials.
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of various program-specific marketing campaigns.
- Assist with the execution of each program’s annual Ambassador Awards program.
- Partner with transportation stakeholders across D.C. and the greater region and create co-marketing opportunities specific to each program.
- Lead the development of monthly program newsletters.
- Provide public outreach assistance at program events.
We’re excited about you because:
- You’re passionate about transit, multimodal transportation, active transportation, and public engagement.
- You are a positive team-player who can support the needs of multiple programs simultaneously.
- You are well-organized and proactively communicate with team members.
- You are able to rely on your past experience while being open to new ideas and ways of working.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of your work.
Foursquare ITP offers:
- Competitive salaries.
- A complete benefits package including free or heavily subsidized healthcare and 401k match.
- Generous leave policies.
- Monthly transit benefit for commuting.
- A collaborative environment working with remarkable employees at all levels.
- Mentorship, both formal and informal, training, and professional development opportunities.
Education and experience requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or similar is preferred. Relevant degree can be substituted with sufficient experience.
- At least five years of relevant experience in a progressively responsible role.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience applying design guidelines and branding standards to all materials.
- Ability to use WordPress to make content edits to websites.
- Experience with content creation and client development in HubSpot is highly desired.
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Spanish is beneficial.
Applications (résumés and cover letters) will be accepted until September 30, 2019 with candidates reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com.