Candidates for Summer 2019 Internships–Please submit your materials by March 24!
Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is always looking for qualified Transportation Planner Interns (paid or for school credit) to contribute to a diverse array of transportation planning studies. Foursquare ITP is a transportation planning firm headquartered in Rockville, Maryland right across the street from a Metrorail station. We have a satellite office in Philadelphia, PA, and internships can be at any either of these locations. We are open to part-time and full-time interns.
As a smaller firm we are able to give our clients the personalized focus that they seek and deserve. We offer our clients expertise in transit service planning and operations, transit facilities and multimodal access, regional and statewide planning, corridor planning, transportation demand management (TDM), multimodal and shared mobility planning, and bike share and bike/ped planning, among others. For an overview of the types of projects that Foursquare ITP works on, please visit www.foursquareitp.com.
We are proud of our collaborative, innovative culture where employees have opportunities to lead and grow. As a company, we focus on solutions, not problems, and are always willing to pitch in. Employees at Foursquare ITP love learning new skills, techniques, and knowledge areas. We are a woman-owned, inclusive business.
We’re excited about you because:
- You’re passionate about transit, multimodal transportation, transportation demand management, or public engagement.
- You’re willing to take direction and offer ideas.
- You like learning new skills with support from others.
- You can work with many people with different management styles or who are in other offices.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of your work.
- You can explain complicated ideas in easy-to-understand ways.
Foursquare ITP offers:
- A 10 to 12-week internship, either part-time or full-time.
- Competitive hourly wage or school credit.
- Monthly transit benefit for commuting.
- Meaningful work that directly contributes to our projects.
- A collaborative environment working with employees at all levels.
- Mentorship, both formal and informal.
- Opportunities to present your work at the end of your internship.
- Graduate: current student or recent graduate of a transportation planning, urban planning, GIS, or similar program.
- Undergraduate: As of May 2019, a rising senior or recent graduate of a transportation planning, urban planning, GIS, civil engineering, or similar program.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
While not required to apply, some experience in one or more of the following skillsets will be beneficial to your candidature:
- Spatial analysis (e.g., ArcGIS or other GIS software).
- Data analysis (e.g., Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, R, or Python).
- Data visualization (e.g., Tableau, R Shiny, or PowerBI).
- Graphic design (e.g., Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign).
- Public outreach (creating event plans, writing surveys, communicating with the public).
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We’re especially interested in descriptions of your relevant school projects or planning work experience. Applications submitted by March 24, 2019 will be considered for summer 2019 internships.