Are you passionate about public transportation, biking, walking and helping others make sustainable travel choices? Gain work experience with a team of creative, innovative, and passionate professionals with DDOT’s goDCgo Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program. goDCgo is an initiative of the District Department of Transportation that encourages the use of sustainable transportation. If you are interested in getting hands on experience, growing professionally and enjoy working with teams, then this is the internship for you. For an overview of the types of programs and services that goDCgo offers, please visit goDCgo.com.
In this position, you will support all program areas of the District of Columbia’s TDM program, goDCgo, which include Employer, Hospitality, Residential, Marketing, and Capital Bikeshare Community Partners. If you are selected, you will work as part of a team, taking direction from multiple program managers, responsible for meeting participation, community outreach and engagement, various administrative duties, research, and data analysis. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain the program.
Foursquare ITP, which operates goDCgo for the District Department of Transportation, is a transportation planning firm based in Rockville, Maryland that offers our clients expertise in many aspects of transportation demand management, transit planning, regional and corridor transportation planning, multimodal planning, and public outreach. Depending on the number of hours worked per week, your time may be split your time between our Rockville office and the District DOT office in Washington, DC.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Maintain, organize, and clean-up records in CRM software/database
- Event preparation and tabling support
- Outreach and engagement
- Data analysis and research
- Website clean-up / review
- Customer Service and email box management
- File organization and management
- Stay up to date on transportation-related news
- Manage programs brochure ordering service
- Create and edit documents in InDesign
- Maintain inventory of collateral and order additional as needed
- Provide individualized commute planning services
We’re excited about you because:
- You’re passionate about transit, multimodal transportation, active transportation, and public engagement.
- You are a positive team-player who is well-organized and a proactive communicator.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of your work.
Education and experience requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate student in a related field such as Geography, Transportation Planning, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Public Administration.
- A recent graduate in a related field such as Geography, Transportation Planning, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Public Administration – although if an applicant has a degree in another field, related work experience may substitute for a degree in one of these fields.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software or the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is beneficial, but not required.
- This internship can be part-time or full-time (20-40 hours per week), depending on the preference of the selected candidate.
- This is a paid internship.
- Applications (résumés and cover letters) will be accepted until February 21, 2020. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.